Yesterday afternoon I sat down with my laptop, in order to catch up on some of my e-mail ~ mainly the wonderful blogs that I follow. Whether they are humorous, sensible, informative, or spiritual… all of these types make me stop and reflect, or pause and smile.
After viewing some of the hilarious definitions that folks had posted to “What the Heck is a Castanurgle?“, and reading about my favorite writer/politician who, by the way, is running for “President“, I opened another of my favorites, written by Ollie’s Mom -“Life Is Grace“. It was turning out to be a day of great reading; I was getting a bit of everything, as it was all making me smile ~ even a hearty laugh out loud, now and then.
In “Lessons From Teachers & Twits” by Renee A. Schuls- Jacobson, you are invited into her world of parenting and teaching, and it is quite a comical ride. You also have the opportunity to participate in her Monday word game. Mind you, the words she offers are not real words, as of yet, but given some of the hilarious definitions provided by the weekly contestants, they just might appear in the newly revised edition of the New Oxford American Dictionary. Whether or not these words make the final cut, they are sure to make you chuckle!
Piper Bayard’s blog, ~ On Life, BellyDancing, and the Apocalyptic Annihilation ~ pretty much does what its description suggests; she covers it all with integrity, humor and a self-confidence that reaches out and pulls you in. Her attitude is contagious! I dare you to read her, “OK. I’ll Do It. I”ll Run for President” post and not want to write her in on your ballot in 2012. I love her stand on education, gun control and how to deal with behavioral issues, regarding Representatives and Senators – watch out!!
The last blog that was in my inbox was from Melissa Johns, entitled “Life Is Grace”. Melissa does a great job of bringing a sense of calmness into your life; therefore, showing that life IS Grace. Whether it be a post about a wonderful time in her life, a memory that provides her peace, or a simple quote that she feels inspired to share… she shows it; life is in fact – GRACE.
Now as I continued to read Melissa’s blog, I noticed that she was switching gears from her original post about a book that she could read “Over and Over“. She began listing tidbits about herself, as well as a number of blogs that she likes to follow. I thought, Great! New blogs to follow! New humor! New information! New recipes! I’m always up for new reading to choose from. Then I saw it… she had listed my blog, “Pause and Smile“, as one that she felt was deserving of “The Versatile Blogger Award”.
So, not only was this little chunk of my afternoon providing me with laughter at our future word choice; inspiration for a sound President and government of integrity; a feeling of peace and grace, but I had also stumbled upon the fact that I had been honored by a fellow and favorite blogger! YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Receiving an award for something that you love to do is one thing, but receiving it from someone that you admire is quite an honor. Thank you, Melissa! Not only did you add a huge smile to my day, but you motivated me to get back to the keyboard and to stick with it.
So with that being said… now I have to provide you with a tad bit of information that you might not know about me, as well as paying it forward to some of my favorite writers. I guess you could say that it’s kind of like an acceptance speech (sarcasm font- where are you when I need you?)! Seriously folks… these are the rules that come along with The VBA!
Things that you NEED to know:
1. I’m typing this post in my oldest daughter’s bedroom; she’s off at college – I miss her! You see… I’ve been blessed with two FABULOUS daughters; they are now at the stage of their lives where they are walking on, rather than running towards. I am trusting that HUBS and I have done a good job parenting, with much guidance from Above.
2. I am so grateful to HUBS, as he’s been my strongest supporter, especially when it comes to my writing, but through so much more ~ as well!
3. If you see me in line at a store, don’t stand behind me; I always choose the slowest moving line. Seriously. Always. I guess it’s Nature’s way of teaching me to s-l-o-w down.
4. If I could take a nap everyday, I would. I cannot understand why little children fight the gift of napping; it will always remain a mystery to me.
5. For me, integrity and loyalty are key ingredients in friendship; a great sense of humor – a must! With that being said, I am blessed with some TERRIFIC friends!
6. I could watch a butterfly play in our backyard all day long, especially if Scruffy is with me. Scruffy is the smartest dog in the world!! Really!!! He’s trained me perfectly!
7. Melissa’s recognition (The VBA) couldn’t have come at a better time, and she doesn’t even know me, other than through the blogosphere ~ or does she?
For the bloggers/writers that I enjoy ~ well, many have likely already received this honor; they really know how to carry you through their story, or perhaps make your mouth water with their tasty recipes. Here they are in no specific order. Enjoy!!