Spring is definitely present in the South. We have experienced the sun, rain, wind, heat, and along with the heat…. my favorite ~ the beginning of the humidity! Now all kidding aside, the humidity here in the South is NOT my favorite, and it never will be. The only way that I can tolerate the beginning of the Humidity-Hell season is the mere fact, that in the spring, we at least have the cooler weather that comes and goes. The problem is that these bursts of cooler weather eventually go and don’t return until late fall.
In order to beat the heat and humidity, we try to get our gardening done (for the most part) in early to mid spring. Finally, most of our yard is blooming with perennials, so that now we can spend our time enjoying them year after year, rather than constantly planting new bloomies. Our time is spent more with maintaining what we curerntly have in our garden, along with adding a new addition here and there.
This spring had a few surprises for us; several mystery plants that sprouted, bloomed and beautified our yard. Now technically, one of those plants does not belong in our yard, but it creeps through our fence and makes me smile, every-time. It is a mystery in the fact that our neighbor, “E”, has NO idea where it came from; it just appeared in her yard several years ago, around the time her grand-daughter was born. Sweet surprises all around!
The next surprise has to be the result of a bird or squirrel carrying and discarding a seed or a bulb, and might I add… having perfect placement. HUBS thought that I had planted this beautiful plant, and I thought he had, but no to both counts. Regardless, we’ll welcome it and hope that it continues to bloom beautifully, each and every year.
Now, a few days prior to spring officially arriving, I was given another surprise by someone that I admire more and more, as I get to know her. Stacy Dymalski of the blog, From Nonsense to Momsense, bestowed upon me the accolade of the Sunshine Award.
If you don’t already follow Stacy, you should get to know her! That is, if you like to laugh, laugh, and laugh! She has this talent for describing adventures that all of us moms have been through (at least the moms that I know), with a realistic edge that screams, “this is what YOU really meant to say!” Surprisingly, she has spoken for me through her writing, and she doesn’t even know me, other than by reading my blog. Let’s just say that I can relate to so many of her stories. Seriously, don’t we all (moms and dads) have so much in common?!?!??!?!?!??!? So much more than we care to admit?
If I choose to accept this award, and I do, I have some requirements to fulfill ~
Rules for the Sunshine Award
- Post the award picture and a link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the ten questions posed to you.
- Pass on the award to 10 other bloggers.
- Favorite color: Green is the most relaxing and cheerful color for me.
- Favorite animal: Dog ~ A dog has a way of guiding you, even when you think you don’t need to be led. Mine has taught me so much… to stop, relax and enjoy the breeze.
- Favorite number: Four ~ To me, it represents balance.
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee with a hit of Bailey’s.
- Facebook or Twitter: Facebook, as it’s allowed me to get back in touch with some dear friends, and I’ve had the chance to meet some of HUBS’ friends, as well!
- My passion: My dear family: HUBS, Oldest, Youngest and Scruffy.
- Getting or giving presents: Giving ~ I love to find the perfect gift for someone; a gift with a special meaning behind it. To me, it’s a win-win, as I get to recognize the gift of the special friendship.
- Favorite pattern: Plaid; no question.
- Favorite day of the week: Friday ~ I still have some time to myself, while knowing that I have two full days of fun with the family, ahead.
- Favorite flower: Pansy ~ They are hearty and delicate at the same-time, all-the-while offering beautiful shades of color, during the dreary winter months.
Bloggers to follow, if you don’t already! Check out more of my favorite bloggers, from a previous award post ~
(no specific order)
- Transitioning Mom
- The Lucky Mom
- Adventures in Expat Land
- Baker Bettie
- Billy Coffey
- Mark Kaplowitz’s Blog
- Christian in The Rough
- Tamara Out Loud
So, there you have it ~ a few tidbits about myself, but more importantly… some really great blogs put together by some very talented writers.
Enjoy your garden; it’s spring-time!